Choose a skin
Insert an external page
Setup your GuppY
Secure your GuppY
2 visitors online
First setup (demo base)
Let's give some hints about how to prepare a GuppY website with demonstration content, to do some testing:
- Download file guppy501xx.zip (http://www.freeguppy.org/) to your computer.
- Unzip the file guppy501xx.zip with your favourite archive software (7zip, winzip, built-in archive...) into a directory on your computer.
- BRAVO, GuppY is ready for setup!
- GuppY CANNOT be run properly below PHP 5.1 at the minimum .
- If you fancy trying GuppY on your computer before you go on line, just install a local web server (e.g. a "package" like EasyPHP - http://www.easyphp.org/) on your computer and copy content of previous directory into data/localweb directory of EasyPHP, then launch EasyPHP... and your website will run locally on your computer.
It's as simple as that!
- If you'd rather install your site straight onto an online hosting, then upload all unzipped files to FTP space of your site, using a simple free FTP software (FileZilla, FireFtp (module pour FireFox),etc.).
And you're done; now you only need to type your site URL into the address barof your borwser and you'll get straight on your website online.
Congratulations, You have successfully installed GuppY!
If you do not plan to prepare a new clean database, please delete the install/ directory now.
Otherwise anybody could run it on your website and delete all the contents!
You can also download GuppYPortable on GuppY website.
GuppYPortable is a package consisting in a web server, PHP et GuppY 5.0, all packaged with an automated install program for a computer with Windows. You just cannot do easier than that !