First setup (demo base)
Some explanations to prepare a GuppY site with demo content, to try it out:
- Download the guppy503xx. zip file (http://www.freeguppy.org/) to your PC.
- Unzip this guppy5x. x. zip file with your favorite decompression program (7zip, winzip...) into a directory on your PC.
- Bravo, GuppY is ready for installation!
To work, GuppY needs PHP 5.6 at least.
If you want to install your site directly on an online hosting, then send all the unzipped files on the FTP of your site with a simple FTP client program (FileZilla, FireFtp (module for Firefox), etc.).).
And that's all, you just have to type the URL of your site in the address bar of your browser to find yourself on your site "online".
Congratulations, you have successfully installed GuppY!
Important and imperative note for the first install ! :
- The first time you go to your site's home page, the system is configured to accept a member's registration.
You must register as a member in the "Preferences" box, by clicking on "Become a member", you fill in the form fields and register.
This first member will be the lead director. It is imperative to log out before attempting an Admin connection to the site
- You go to admin by clicking on the Admin button, you have a warning for the configuration of your site:
- You go to admin/config general to modify the url of your site, you click on the arrow of the one proposed, it is correct since given by the server,
- You go to admin/config services and you add the nickname of the first member who will be the main administrator and you register. It's imperative too! (Otherwise you will no longer have access to the admin).
- GuppY displays a message "You do not have access to the administration. If you are not logged in as a member with the appropriate rights, please do so, otherwise please contact the primary administrator."
Just below you click on "HOME PAGE".
- When you return to the home page, you return to the Preferences box, you will see "Reconnect", you reset the first member's username and password, and then you click Send.
Now you must see "Logout" and "Admin", you click on "Admin" and you arrive in Admin to continue the configuration of your site.
On your online space, you can install a blank database by running install/install.php.
If you do not plan to install a blank database, delete the install/ directory, otherwise anyone who would run it would destroy all the content of your website!
Category : Introduction - GuppY
Page read 755 times